Monday, January 12, 2009

Vibe Season 2009

Compared to the past two years that I have participated in Vibe... this season is going pretty smoothly. I really like this new blocking system. Of course there's always room for improvement, but in general it's a good system. I feel like with this system, everyone gets to experience being a team mate on stage and off stage. With past systems, it seems like there's always a handful of people who experience being one type of team mate too much, and other type not at all. I think the only thing I wish we could've have spent more time on is blocking actual formations together... we attempted this minimally... and we'll see how the transitions from one piece to another turn out. This set will be off the hook regardless.

I've been fighting sickness for the past two weeks, along with more than half of the team. Times are rough... late night dancing when you've got a chronic cough, a mild fever and the other parts of your life to worry about in the morning. The journey is always worth the destination though, and at least with this new system we haven't stayed a night past 3am... which is extremely efficient. On top of that, I would say we are only a half day behind schedule, with this whole week to prepare.

I'm excited.

In other news, I'm tired.

2 comments: